The office of Dr. Richard Baxter Plastic Surgery (the “Company,” “we”, “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy, and we are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites located at www.drbaxter.com and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us (including our affiliates) or any third party; or
- any third party (including our affiliates), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites.
For information about personal health information we collect and how we use and disclose that personal health information, please see our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices. HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices applies to personal health information we collect both online and offline.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of data and information from and about users of our Websites. We collect information that you provide directly to us, including:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites or uploading or submitting documents. This includes, but is not limited to, information provided when you use the patient login section of either Website.
- Information contained in communications between you and us.
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data and logs.
- Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Websites by allowing us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe’s website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website and email statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- We may allow you to submit a review or testimonial through one or both of our Websites. Your city and state of residence, and any other personal information you include in your submission may be posted on either or both of our Websites. If there is any personal information you do not want posted on our Websites, please do not include it in the review or testimonial you submit. We are not obligated to post any review or testimonial you submit. We reserve the right to post or not to post any review or testimonial you submit, in our sole discretion.
How We Use Your Information
We may use your personal information that we collect:
To schedule or contact you about a consultation or appointment.
In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
As described in the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
To contact you about services and products you may be interested in. For example, we may use your mailing address to send you brochures, marketing materials, and information about cosmetic procedures, products, and services that may interest you.
How We Share Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- As described in the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Actions
We may also, in certain instances, disclose your personal information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify you, contact you, or bring legal action to protect your rights or the rights, property, or safety of the Company or others, to enforce our terms of service or other agreement between you and us, or to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
We do not provide any personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Use of Your Email/Anti-Spam Policy
If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote our products or services, you can opt-out. If the email includes an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the message, click on that link to unsubscribe. If the email does not include an “unsubscribe” link, please reply to the email you received from us with a message that says “unsubscribe.” Once we receive your unsubscribe request, please allow three business days for us to comply with it. Please note that we may not include unsubscribe information in non-marketing emails (e.g., emails to help you reset your password).
Links to Other Websites
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. For example, we request a unique password to verify your identity before granting access to your account.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our through or Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to your online account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
We may transfer part or all of your information in the case of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other sale of all or a portion of our assets or stock.
We reserve the right to change this policy, and to apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. If there are material changes to this policy or our information practices change in the future, we will post the policy changes on our website.